Spirit of the Springs Scholarship
In an effort to attract high quality recruits and to diversify the corps of first responders and public safety personnel serving the citizens of Colorado Springs, the Mayor has organized an event for the past several years to garner support from across the community to fund scholarships for high achieving students seeking an Associate degree at PPCC. These funds provide scholarships for PPCC students pursuing associates degrees in Criminal Justice, Fire Science, Emergency Medical Services, or in Biology or Chemistry with an intention to pursue a career in Public Safety. This scholarship will fund a maximum of $10,000 over five semesters, at $2,000 per semester for full time (12 credit hours per semester) students. Students must be enrolled at least 6 credit hours per semester. It covers tuition, fees, books, and materials for required courses only. Students must maintain minimum requirements to remain eligible. The recipients of this award must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher to remain eligible for the scholarship.
• Seeking female students from all racial backgrounds and male students who identify as African-American, Hispanic or Asian
• Preference is given to students who are committed to pursuing careers with the Colorado Springs Fire or Police Departments
• Students must remain in good academic and disciplinary standing at PPCC while receiving the scholarship
• Students must be Colorado residents
• Students must have graduated from a Colorado high school within the past 10 years or separated from the United States Armed Forces with an honorable discharge within the past 5 years